Name is the identity of every business and having a good name will help you in getting your business recognized and make your business popular. A right name has a significant role to play in “word of mouth” publicity of your business.
The naming strategies for a B2B business are different from a B2C business.
Here some tips to be considered while naming your new B2C business.
1. Don’t use complex words or jargons since your customer need to understand the name more than you
2. Consider the trademark laws in your place
3. Take advice from experts to avoid future costs
4. The name has to communicate your key business purpose and fit in satisfying your vision and missions
5. Strings, numbers, places and other common names are better to avoid and try to stand out from the crowed
6. Don’t add any geographical area name along with your name which will limit your scope to develop in to other geographical areas
7. Try to develop a name which make customers happy and pleasant
8. Better to avoid name with more than 3 words and having an initial is a bad choice
9. Give more importance to real words that combination of words even though using the altered versions of existing words are acceptable if it is easily understandable
10. Think about the name applications on different stationaries and promotional materials
11. Do a pilot test among your board members, employees, well-wishers and take feedback from them
12. Check the availability of the domain name, social media and other internet places availability before you finalise. And register the domain before you release your name.
13. Try to register your business and protect with trademark laws to avoid future legal issues
14. Don’t use names which are similar to other companies. Remember that competition has to be in product or service not in confusing customers
When you have done with your name suggestions shortlist at least 3 options and brainstorm on it. Your next step is giving a tag line to explain your business we will discuss that another time.
To know more about how AASC can add value to your existing business or new upcoming project, please call +91 9995-117-047
Author: Bareer Jazim, PGDBM (ABE-UK), works as Business Analyst at Ameen Ahsan Strategy Consulting.
Mobile: +91 9995-117-047