Yet again another disaster that claimed innocent lifes, mainly students. Time and again, Govt beuracracy proves it has no value for human life. Should we wait till its our or our beloveds turn to be next, in line.
My suggestion to avoid such disasters are,
1. Make it compulsory for schools and colleges to have thier own bus services (at least these buses need not compete with anyone). I feel pity when I see dozens of kids compressed into autos and jeeps, and watching school kids run behind buses.
2. Special license and rules to drivers who handle students. Thier full license should be cancelled if they do anything dangerous, apart from any legal proceedings
3. A special body comprising of civilians (not politicians), authorized to randomly check the fitness of buses, receive complaints from passengers, report or sue rogue buses etc. Such bodies can be incorporated on district or city basis, as we do for local chamber of commerces.
4. Change the present bus timing system
5. Install speed radars across all main roads (its a means of Govt revenue)
6. Zero tolerance like jail terms and license cancellation and driving ban for few years for those who drink and drive
7. Severe punishment to those who drive using mobile phones